When it comes to the world of heterosexual dating, it can really feel like a challenge as a man. Maybe it feels like you’re always in competition? Maybe it feels like all the great women are scooped up? Or maybe you just aren’t sure what the right first step for success is.
We get it. And thankfully, this is why dating apps for men have become so popular over the past few decades. They help men stand out from the crowd, find the quality women who are still available, and have success dating without breaking the bank or monopolizing your schedule.
Let’s start by sharing our top picks for the best dating apps for men.
The 7 Best Dating Apps for Men
|Ranking||Dating App||Claim Trial|
|#4||The League||Try Free|
|#7||Christian Mingle||Try Free|
1. Elite Singles
If you’re a man that likes educated, driven, and successful women, then Elite Singles is the right choice for you. Ideally, it’s best for men in their mid-to-late 20s, 30s, and 40s, based on the demographics of users. Additionally, Elite Singles is ideal for men looking for more serious relationships, but it’s also good for guys who want to take things slow, but with the idea of it potentially turning into something serious later.
What’s really great about Zoosk for men is that the site can be used to find a serious relationship, to take things slow, or for completely casual dating. With over 35 million users, the “plenty of fish in the sea” mantra really comes to fruition. If you’re looking for quantity but also quality, check out Zoosk. Additionally, this is probably the most affordable dating site for men on our list, which is a nice added perk.
Men, there is nothing wrong with wanting to find the one and settle down, regardless of what the world (or your friends) might tell you. When it comes to the best serious dating app for men, eHarmony is the winner by miles. The app has helped over 2 million people find love, has a 51% to 49% male to female ratio, and walks singles through a deliberate (and well-paced) dating process. So, if you’re looking for something more that could be something special, check out eHarmony now.
4. The League
One of the most exclusive dating apps on the market is The League dating app. And while this may be a turn-off to some men, the competitive nature of trying to get accepted to see the highest caliber of females your city has to offer may actually be a turn-on. If you’re cool with getting on a waiting list and needing to get voted into the app in exchange for seeing some high-quality single options, head on over to The League.
Unless you’re living under a huge rock, you’ve at least heard of sugar dating and sugar daddies. If the idea of spoiling a beautiful (and usually younger) woman in exchange for her company hits you the right way, then Seeking Arrangement is the male dating app for you. With over 80% of the 10 million members being women, you can see why Seeking made our list. Be aware, though,—this is sugar dating, not traditional dating, and it might not be the right fit for everyone.
When you’re over the age of 50, finding quality women may seem even harder than it was when you’re younger. Thankfully, sites like SilverSingles are around to help seasoned singles 50 and older find and make meaningful connections. If you’re under the age of 50, this is not the app for you. But if you’re 50 and up and want to date in your own age bracket (which we recommend), SilverSingles may be the answer to your search for the best dating app for men like you.
7. Christian Mingle
Last on our list is a dating app for men that is also specifically for Christian men. If faith is not important to you and your search for a woman, try one of the other options on this list. But if you’d like to find a woman who shares your views on God, then you may want to check out Christian Mingle. With over 15 million singles who all share the same ideas on faith, it’s a fantastic option for men of faith.
Table of Contents
- Reasons We Chose These Dating Sites
- Niche Dating Sites for Men – Do They Exist?
- Is Online Dating Hard for Men?
- Best Tips for Online Dating Success as a Man
- How Do I Pick the Best Dating App as a Man
Reasons We Chose These Dating Sites
Transparency is king, and we wanted to make sure you knew some of the main reasons that we selected these dating apps and sites as the best options for single men.
- Good for casual and serious relationships – All men do not want the same thing when dating, regardless of what people might say. This is why our list is going to include options that are ideal for casual dating, and it’s going to include options that are great for finding a serious relationship.
- Flexible options to showcase our best sides – There is something about you as a man that uniquely makes you—you. Maybe it’s the way you look from a passion for fitness? Maybe it’s an accomplishment or profession you’re proud of? Or maybe it’s your ability to listen? Whatever it is, the best dating apps for men have to have places in mind for you to showcase these things. This will include robust profiles, space for several pictures, and even matching questionnaires.
- Efficient setup – As men, we hate when things aren’t set up properly. Regardless of if it’s a construction project, where our tools are placed, or even how we organize our schedules—we want efficiency. The same goes for dating apps. The best apps for men have to be easy to navigate quickly and efficiently so we don’t waste our precious time trying to figure things out.
Niche Dating Sites for Men – Do They Exist?
If you’re gay, a men-only dating site is obviously going to be right up your alley. If you’re straight, though, how awesome does a site that is 100% catered to men sound to you? Probably not that great. For that reason, there are no apps out there that are 100% dedicated to straight men. In order for the app to be successful, it’s going to have to attract the same amount of (if not more) women.
Is Online Dating Hard for Men?
There are actually two questions here that are wildly different. Is online dating hard for men vs. is online dating harder for men (than it is for women)?
For the first question, it’s only hard if you make it hard. By doing the right things like choosing a great dating app, writing an awesome dating profile, and sending great first messages, you can put online dating into easy mode and see smooth sailing to success.
Is Online Dating Harder for men?
As per the second question, it really depends on what you see as harder. Is online dating different for men than it is for women? 100%. And the ways that it’s different may make things seem harder or easier, depending on your personal preferences.
What does the data say? Well, we recently conducted a study on emotional fatigue and burnout from online dating. According to the data, 75.59% of men said they experienced these feelings to some degree when online dating. For the women, that number was actually higher at 81.20%. So, based on that data, things look tougher on the ladies.
However, when you look at the statistics of the men who experience these feelings often, that number is 29.13% versus only 26.00% for the women. So, for the extreme feelings, it’s worse for the men. Additionally, these numbers fluctuate by age bracket, so we recommend checking out the full study linked above if you want to know more.
Some of the ways you can expect dating online as a man to be different include:
- Fewer messages sent to you (you’ll need to take the reins more)
- More scrutiny if you’re looking for a serious relationship (you’ll be lumped in with the guys looking to just hookup)
- Fewer females will respond to your messages when they’re not interested (only 25.6% all the time)
The bottom line is that it’s just going to be different. If you follow the tips in this guide and stick to quality dating sites for men, you’ll be able to find success.
Best Tips for Online Dating Success as a Man
Speaking of following the tips in this guide, let’s get into it! Here are some of our top tips for men looking to have the most success with online dating.
- Be open and honest about what you want. – Whether you’re looking for hookups, casual dating, or something serious, it’s okay. What’s not okay, though, is to pretend you’re looking for one thing when it’s not the truth. There are plenty of women out there on these dating apps looking for the same thing as you.
- Remember that girls talk. – Most of these dating apps for men work around location services meaning that they recommend people who live in your area (which is awesome). What you should also know is that many girls who are friends join the same dating apps at the same time. Be careful that you’re not doing or saying things that may impact your success with other women who may know each other.
- Avoid the mass messaging. – The above point about girls talking is the first reason not to mass message. The second reason is that the response rate will be low. And the third and most important reason is that it’s not going to do much to help you find the right girl for you.
- No one wants to see your junk right away. – Yes, we had to say this. Don’t send inappropriate pictures of your nether regions on a dating app because it’s rude, uncalled for, and can get you banned for life. When it comes to texting, only go down this road if it’s something you’re comfortable with and it has been requested. It really is just an all-around bad idea, though.
- Keep it PG. – It shouldn’t just be your pictures that are PG but your words too. Don’t be inappropriate in your profile or your messages and you’ll attract a much higher caliber of women. Additionally, many of these dating apps for men will boot you from the platform if you are inappropriate which won’t help you find someone special at all.
- Don’t exaggerate your profile. – There may be a temptation to exaggerate what makes you awesome. We get it. Men are competitive. But honestly? It will do you no good. Even if every other guy is doing it, the good women will see right through it. Be proud of who you are, showcase what makes you special, but don’t overdo it.
- Take the time to read profiles. – Yes, men love to look at pretty women. Visual is where our minds and even our hearts go first. However, that approach isn’t going to get you far in online dating. Take the time to read a woman’s profile before determining if she is someone you want to message. You’ll also earn a lot of brownie points when she finds out you actually took the time to get to know her before reaching out.
- Pace yourself. – Think kid in a candy store…what happens if you go buck wild and eat every piece of candy under the sun? You get sick. Online dating and these dating apps for men are not going anywhere. There are thousands of new women joining every day. Take your time.
- Have patience. – Speaking of taking your time, this also means having some patience. As we mentioned, women tend to get a lot more messages than men. This means it could take them a lot longer to respond to you. If it takes a few weeks to get a response, that’s okay. Be prepared for this with the right expectations.
How Do I Pick the Best Dating App as a Man
Still need a little help picking out the perfect app for you? No worries. Here are the steps we recommend following for the best results.
- Determine what you’re looking for. – Figure out the types of women you want to meet and the type of relationship you’re looking for.
- Choose a few dating sites that fit those wants. – We’ve recommended several dating sites that cater to all different types of relationships and have women of all different types. Find a few that you think may serve what you’re looking for.
- Give the free trials a go. – Each of the dating apps for guys we’ve recommended come with some level of free trial. You will be limited in some sense, but you’ll be able to see the singles in your area, set up a profile, and get a feel for the apps you like and don’t like.
- Pick one and go for it. – Once you’ve played around with a few free trials, it’s time to pick one and go for it. Upgrade to premium and put some effort into the process. You never know what you’re going to be able to find with just a few clicks!
- If at first you don’t succeed… – If the first app doesn’t work out, that’s okay! Either give it some more time (at least a few months) or come back here and try a different option. You are looking for a human being to spend time with here, not shopping for a new pair of shoes. If it takes a little while, that’s okay.