Dating in North Dakota can be hard, in fact, it’s been ranked among the worst states for singles… Now, that could make you feel like swearing off dating, but we’ve seen a big change in the Peace Garden State. Folks here are signing up for North Dakota dating app in droves, and it’s made a huge difference.
Seriously, we can’t wait for WalletHub’s next ranking to watch the state climb up the list. And even if WalletHub doesn’t get the memo, we’ll take pride in helping people master online dating in North Dakota.
The trick is to use the most successful sites. And that’s just what you’ll do when creating profiles on the best North Dakota dating apps. Here’s a look at them:
Top 5 Dating Apps in North Dakota in 2023
|Ranking||Dating App||Claim Trial|
|#2||Higher Bond||Try Free|
Downloading the right app will put you in the position to score dates, but don’t stop there. Find out which app to use based on your needs and location. Plus, stay tuned to get some info about North Dakota’s dating scene. By the time you reach the end of the article, you’ll be ready to go out and find a partner.
- 5 Best Dating Apps in North Dakota
- What is the Dating Scene in North Dakota Really Like?
- FAQ – North Dakota Dating Apps
1. eHarmony – Best for Finding Your Soulmate
- Who Will Love eHarmony: Serious daters looking for their soulmates
- Who Might Not Enjoy eHarmony: Casual singles who want to date around
- Biggest Pro: 32 Dimensions of Compatibility matching system creates partnerships that last
- Biggest Con: More expensive than other dating sites for singles in North Dakota, but it’s also the most effective and successful
- Starting Price: Premium memberships start at $35.90 a month
Since over 52% of North Dakota adults are married, there’s no mistaking the importance of commitment here. But as fewer and fewer singles are available, a lot of folks are rushing into marriages that won’t work. That caused the divorce rate to spike by 21% in 2021.
And the problem isn’t just because people are settling for less when getting married.
Ryan Nordlund, the lead pastor of Grace Lutheran Brethren Church in Bismarck, spoke about another problem North Dakotans face. Couples don’t know a lot about each other before walking down the aisle. Then, they realize they aren’t good matches after it’s too late, explaining the divorce rate.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to settling for less and not knowing enough about your partner – eHarmony.
This dating site knows you want to move full speed ahead in the romance department, so it finds out everything about its members for you. eHarmony’s signup questionnaire digs into things like people’s boundaries, their ability to compromise, and how they handle frustration. Then, it matches members who approach life, relationships, and the world the same way.
Matching with your soulmate is a breeze on eHarmony. See it in action by creating your free account on this North Dakota dating app for serious relationships today.
2. Higher Bond – Best for Christians Seeking a Clean Modern Dating Environment
- Who Will Love Higher Bond: Highly religious Christians seeking long-term partners
- Who Might Not Enjoy Higher Bond: Casual Christians and singles seeking short-term partners
- Biggest Pro: Facilitates genuine connections by limiting matches and conversations
- Biggest Con: Doesn’t have a mobile app, although members can access a mobile version of the website
- Starting Price: Premium memberships start at $14.95 a month (the first three months are free)
Religion is a big part of life in North Dakota. Over three-fourths of the adult population is Christian, and more than half fit into the “highly religious” category. Because of that, a lot of North Dakota singles try to meet others at church.
We have some tips for meeting someone to date at church, but it’s not easy in North Dakota. See, just 41% of Christians attend church weekly, and another 20% seldom or never attend. Since looking at church will limit your dating pool, it’s time to try online dating in North Dakota.
When it comes to Christian dating, Higher Bond leads the pack.
This Christian dating site works hard to attract members of all ages, and that’s important for North Dakotans. While 38% of the state’s Christians are Baby Boomers, 26% are Millennials another 21% are Gen X. Since Higher Bond connects Christians of all age groups, you can find love here.
We’ve also noticed that North Dakotans aren’t into carrying meaningless conversations with a bunch of random people – another reason to choose Higher Bond. You can only initiate a conversation with one of your matches per day, although you can continue to talk for as long as you want.
If you want to form a genuine connection with another Christian, head to Higher Bond to set up your free profile today. As the best Christian dating site in North Dakota, it’s your ticket to finding true love.
3. EliteSingles – Best for Professionals Who Don’t Want to Waste Time or Money
- Who Will Love EliteSingles: Busy professionals who want to find ambitious partners
- Who Might Not Enjoy EliteSingles: Casual daters and non-professionals
- Biggest Pro: Connects members with compatible professionals without wasting time or money
- Biggest Con: Free members can’t access many features
- Starting Price: Premium memberships start at $27.95 a month
A lot of professionals are living the good life in North Dakota. The state’s workforce has experienced sustained growth for a number of years, including in the legal, healthcare, and financial industries. And we could honestly go on listing booming industries in North Dakota.
Being successful takes a lot of hard work, though. In fact, North Dakota is among the states with the longest workweeks, leaving little time for professionals to find dates.
Some career-oriented folks have taken the plunge and hired professional matchmakers, only to end up with serious sticker shock. Sure, you might have some extra money in the bank, but do you really want to spend thousands of dollars to land dates? And let’s not even talk about the time it takes to interview with a matchmaker, go over your options, and set up dates.
Fortunately, you can get the same top-tier service without spending the time or money on EliteSingles.
Just like your local matchmakers, EliteSingles mainly serves professionals. It also does a fantastic job of creating couples that last. It uses the five-factor model of personality, along with your personal preferences, to find you matches – for a low monthly fee instead of thousands of bucks.
And forget about a lengthy interview. You’ll be signed up and ready to go in 20 minutes or less. Then, you can review the 3-7 matches it sends you each day from the comfort of your home or office. Seriously, this is so much easier (and cheaper) than using a professional matchmaker.
If you’re at the top of the career game, it’s time to add love to the mix with help from the best North Dakota dating site for professionals. Head to EliteSingles to create a free profile today.
4. SilverSingles – Best for Avoiding the Gender Imbalance Later in Life
- Who Will Love SilverSingles: Singles 50 and over who want compatible partners who fit into their lives
- Who Might Not Enjoy SilverSingles: Seniors seeking younger mates
- Biggest Pro: Exclusive 50-and-over dating site
- Biggest Con: Need to upgrade to a paid membership to connect with people
- Starting Price: Premium memberships start at $27.95 a month
With close to 230,000 people who are 50 and older, North Dakota looks like a paradise for single seniors. But a lot of those people are already taken, and it gets harder to find a mate as the years go by. See, there’s a pretty big gender imbalance among the 50 and older crowd, and the gap gets larger as people get older.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t find love. You just need to mix things up by using a mature North Dakota dating app. In other words, it’s time to sign up for SilverSingles.
SilverSingles offers a nice balance of men and women, so there’s someone for everyone. Even more importantly, it matches based on personality traits and preferences, so you can find someone who meshes with you. Let’s just say you won’t find yourself settling or having to when using this North Dakota dating site.
Do you want to meet seniors who are ready to pursue love? Find that special someone by setting up a free profile on SilverSingles today.
5. Zoosk – Best for Dating without Marriage on Your Mind
- Who Will Love Zoosk: College students and other singles into casual dating
- Who Might Not Enjoy Zoosk: North Dakotans seeking committed partners
- Biggest Pro: Behavioral matching algorithm helps people find the best fit among the 40 million plus members
- Biggest Con: Some singles don’t spend much time on their profiles, but you can weed those members out relatively quickly
- Starting Price: Premium memberships start at $10 a month
So, marriage is the driving force behind relationships in North Dakota, but that doesn’t mean everyone here wants to tie the knot. We’ve noticed that some singles are interested in casual dating but can’t find others with the same romantic style.
While it’s hard to find casual daters in the wild, there are lots of them out there. For starters, North Dakota is home to more than 50,000 college students, and many of them want to keep things casual. The same can be said about the recent graduates and the thousands of single active-duty military personnel.
Some casual daters hit up creepy dating sites, but we’ve yet to hear anything good about them. Instead, people complain that those sites are dead ends. And when they do meet someone? Well, it usually doesn’t end well.
Most importantly, those sites don’t meet North Dakotans’ high standards. Honestly, Zoosk is the only dating app for North Dakota singles that meets those standards while keeping things light and fun.
Unlike seedy sites, Zoosk uses a behavioral matching algorithm to connect members. And speaking of members, it has a lot of them. You won’t find more than 40 million members on seedy casual dating sites, but you sure will on Zoosk.
You’ll also find people into all types of casual dating. Want a hookup? You can find someone on Zoosk. Or maybe you prefer to meet someone to ride out cuffing season with you. Again, you can find such a person on Zoosk.
You don’t have to feel like you’re in the minority when seeking casual encounters in North Dakota. Instead, create your free profile on Zoosk and start meeting potential dates.
What is the Dating Scene in North Dakota Really Like?
- Singles Use Dating Apps to Increase Their Options – With more than 52% of adults already married, North Dakota has a small dating pool. While it might be slim picking close to home, North Dakota dating apps give people countless options.
- Poor Gender Balance Across Demographics – Unfortunately, North Dakota has a lot more men than women, and you’ll see that across different age groups. This causes some people to settle, but you can avoid that problem by using dating sites instead of trying to meet people in the wild.
- Social and Dating Circles are Small – North Dakotans tend to bump into their exes when out on the single scene. Plus, many of them encounter their best friend’s ex from time to time, too. You can open yourself up to fresh faces and new partner options by hitting the North Dakota online dating scene.
- Dating and Drinking Mix – According to the dating site Zoosk, North Dakotan singles drink more often than those from other states. A lot of folks mention drinking on their dating profiles, and many of the singles’ spots serve alcohol. Get some advice on drinking on the first date to see if it’s a wise choice.
- Romance is in the Air – “When to say I love you” was North Dakota’s most Googled relationship question in 2022. It’s clear that people here are romantic, and many are ready to progress things to the next level.
- Go East for Casual Dating – Serious daters have taken up residence through most of North Dakota, especially in the western and central portions of the state. You can open yourself up to casual dating opportunities by looking east, especially around the University of North Dakota and North Dakota State University.
- Singles Who Go Against the Grain Have the Most Success on Dating Apps – We’ve noticed that a lot of North Dakotans follow the same template when creating profiles on dating sites. They don’t get very deep, so it’s hard to know if there will be a connection. Those who go against the standard template and let their personalities shine through get the best results. Get some tips for writing your dating profile so you’ll connect with lots of singles.
Dating in Fargo
The TV show “Fargo” gives North Dakota’s most popular city the quirky treatment. In reality, Fargo is one of the best cities to live, work, and raise a family in North Dakota. Even with all the pros, dating in Fargo is a bit complicated. Check out what we’ve discovered about the city’s dating scene. Also, get the scoop on the best North Dakota dating site for singles living in Fargo.
- People in Their Early 20s are the Most Active – With three area colleges, Fargo has lots of young people looking for dates. You can find the younger crowd hanging out at bars and trying to land pickups, but most have discovered it’s much easier to connect on dating sites. Now, they still hit up the bars, but they bring their phones along to find dates.
- Mix of People – The college crowd might get the most attention, but Fargo’s also home to families, professionals, and blue-collar workers. Plus, there are lots of single parents on the Fargo online dating scene.
- People Get More Serious as They Age – College students might want to keep things casual, but people in their mid-20s and beyond tend to want to get serious. You can log into dating apps in North Dakota to find a mix of people in their 20s and older looking for long-term relationships.
We decided to select two apps to cover the college crowd and everyone else. If you’re into casual dating in college, you can’t beat Zoosk. And then, eHarmony is the best North Dakota dating app for serious relationships. That makes it a perfect fit for people in Fargo.
- Population: 126,748
- Men: 50.3%
- Women: 49.7%
- Unmarried: 54.5%
- White-Collar Employees: 81.3%
- Blue-Collar Employees: 18.7%
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher: 41.8%
- College Students: Over 10,000
Dating in Minot
Best Minot Dating App Recommendation: Zoosk
According to legend, Minot sprung up practically overnight, pretty much like magic. Well, maybe not overnight, but it managed to turn into a small city of 5,000 people in about five months back in the 1800s. That earned it the nickname of the “Magic City,” and it hasn’t lost its luster after all those years.
If you live here, you’re probably thinking you could use a little bit of that magic to help your dating life. Instead of tricks, though, you just need to understand Minot’s dating scene. Then, you can meet people by using the right dating site for North Dakota singles.
- The Colleges and Air Force Base Impact the Scene – The Air Force base and local colleges bring in a lot of young people, and the population’s always changing. You can see fresh faces while out and about, but you’ll run into even more when using dating apps for singles in North Dakota.
- Some Singles Look in Bismarck – Bismarck might be over 100 miles away, but that’s not too far for some singles. With around 30,000 more residents, Bismack offers more options, explaining the willingness to go the distance.
- Singles Are Open to Meeting Others – From joining the Y to playing frisbee golf, singles here are willing to leave the house and get involved to make friends. We’ve heard that finding buddies is easy, but forming romantic connections is challenging. Instead, online dating in North Dakota is a must for finding romantic partners in Minot.
Minot’s home to lots of younger people who want to date casually and have some fun before settling down. That’s why Zoosk is the best North Dakota dating app for singles in Minot.
- Population: 47,789
- Men: 51.8%
- Women: 48.2%
- Unmarried: 51.4%
- Living in the Same Household as the Previous Year: 76.5%
- White-Collar Employees: 73.9%
- Blue-Collar Employees: 26.1%
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher: 30.3%
- Active Duty Military: 5,494
- College Students: Over 3,800
Dating for Farmers and Ranchers in North Dakota
Best Farmer Dating App Recommendation: eHarmony
From sunflowers and wheat to fava beans, farming is a major industry in North Dakota. And the industry itself isn’t the only thing that’s diverse. Farmers are getting more diverse, too. Sure, most of them are older men, but you’ll also find both men and women of all ages on the dating scene.
We dug into the info to find out what dating’s like for farmers. Get the details and find out which North Dakota dating site is best for farmers.
- Dating is a Serious Business – Farmers have little time to spend on relationships that won’t go anywhere. Instead, most of them prefer finding long-term mates. It’s important to note that not just anyone will do, though. Farmers need to find compatible partners to weather the ups and downs of farm life together.
- The North Dakota Online Dating Scene Has Hit the Farms – Almost eight of every ten farms in North Dakota have internet access, which is more than the national average. Many farmers take advantage of their internet connections by hopping on dating apps.
- Dating Another Farmer Isn’t a Must – Because there are so many more men than women in farming, farmers realize they might have to date outside of the industry. While finding another farmer isn’t necessary, most of them want partners who will embrace life on the farm. If you get serious with a farmer, expect to become a farm husband or wife.
Compatibility is the most important thing for farmers looking for mates. See, the stress of farm life can cause incompatible partners to break up faster than those working in other jobs. With compatibility the priority, eHarmony is the right dating app for single farmers in North Dakota.
- Farms and Ranches: 26,364
- Producers: 41,904
- Farming as Primary Occupation: 23,103
- Men: 29,588
- Women: 12,316
- Under 25: 644
- 25-34: 4,000
- 35-44: 5,129
- 45-54: 7,428
- 55-64: 12,292
- 64-74: 4,137
- 75+: 4,137
FAQ – North Dakota Dating Sites
Are North Dakota Online Dating Sites Safe?
North Dakota is recognized as one of the safest states for online dating. Also, we selected safe dating apps. These apps have systems in place to protect members, such as safety audits and profile verification options.
Also, Zoosk and eHarmony offer video dating options so you can get to know people better before meeting in person. We recommend that when online dating in North Dakota, even if you don’t have the feature on the app you use. If that’s the case, you can use FaceTime, Google Meet, Zoom, or another video chat system.
What is the Best City for Singles in North Dakota?
According to WalletHub, Fargo is the best city for singles in North Dakota, followed by Bismarck. Fargo and Bismarck both received high scores in dating economics, and Fargo also offers lots of dating opportunities.
You don’t have to live in one of these cities to take advantage of the dating scene, though. Simply set your dating app for North Dakota singles to Fargo or Bismarck to look for available men or women in those locations.