“Grey’s Anatomy” and other medical dramas make it look like dating is part of the job for healthcare professionals. In reality, you probably like to keep your love and work life separate if you’re a nurse. After all, work’s hard enough without adding a relationship into the mix. It’s no wonder so many nurses have turned to online dating.
But you don’t want to jump on any old dating site out there. You have high standards and need a dating site that meets them. And that’s what you’ll get when using the best nurse dating apps. Let’s dig in and stick around to get some helpful nurse dating tips.
Top 5 Nurse Dating Apps in 2023:
|Ranking||Dating App||Claim Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Try Free|
- 5 Best Nurse Dating Apps
- Why Are These the Best Dating Sites for Nurses?
- Dating Apps for Nurses and Medical Professionals
- Nurses and Online Dating – Nursing Demographics
- Nurses and Online Dating: Should You Stick to Partners in Healthcare?
- Tips for Creating a Dating Profile as a Nurse
1. eHarmony – Best for Nurses Who are Ready to Get Serious
Some studies show that nurses are the most likely of all healthcare professionals to get divorced. In fact, it’s estimated that around 33% of nurses are already divorced or will get divorced at some point. And it’s easy to understand why this happens.
Nursing is a high-stress job with long hours, which can impact your relationships. Or at least that’s what happens when you’re with an incompatible partner. On the other hand, a compatible partner will be understanding and supportive, no matter what your career throws at you.
That’s why eHarmony is the best nurse dating site for serious relationships. It’s not only open to nurses, but eHarmony attracts a lot of them because of its 32 Dimensions of Compatibility matching system. This system pairs people based on core traits that are key to happy relationships for nurses, including the following:
- Communication style
- Passion and conscious
- Logic and emotion
Whether you are a nurse or want to date one, eHarmony is the best site to make your romantic dreams come true. Set up your free account on eHarmony today.
2. EliteSingles – Best for Nurses Interested in Driven Professionals
Does it seem like none of your dates understand your demanding schedule? Your partners expect you to drop everything to meet their needs, causing your relationships to fizzle.
That’s pretty frustrating, but we have some good news. You won’t run into the same problem if you date someone who’s just as dedicated to their career as you are. And that’s just what you’ll find on EliteSingles.
Most of EliteSingles’ members are hard-working professionals who understand what goes into a successful career. That means the folks here will support you instead of blaming you for working long hours. That’s true, even if you end up with someone who doesn’t work in nursing.
Are you tired of apologizing for your demanding schedule? If so, set up a free account on EliteSingles today. As one of the top dating sites for nurses and other professionals, we’re sure you’re going to love EliteSingles.
3. Zoosk – Best for Casually Dating without Compromising Your Reputation
Do you feel like blowing off some steam after a long day at work? If so, you might prefer casual dating over long-term commitments. First, though, you have to overcome some roadblocks that nurses face when dating casually.
For instance, it’s hard to find time to land dates when working long hours. On top of that, you can’t help but worry about ruining your reputation if a patient sees you on a seedy dating site. The thought of a patient swiping right on your profile on Tinder is about enough to keep you up at night.
No wonder so many nurses use Zoosk for casual dating.
Think of Zoosk as an elevated form of Tinder, so you won’t be embarrassed if you run into anyone on here. Plus, it has more than 40 million members, so you can line up dates no matter how busy your schedule is.
You don’t have to give up on casual dating just because you’re a nurse. Throw your nursing cap into the ring by setting up an account on Zoosk. As the best nurse dating app for casual relationships, you’re sure to keep your social calendar full.
4. Higher Bond – Best for Religious Nurses Seeking Christian Mates
Religion and nursing often come as a package deal. Some estimates say that around 90% of nurses in the United States are religious, and many are Christians. Many of those nurses turn to their faith when getting stressed or experiencing burnout at work.
If your faith helps you manage stress at work, dating someone with similar beliefs is likely a priority. And that won’t be a problem if you look for love on Higher Bond. This is another mainstream app, but it’s by far the best Christian dating site for nurses.
You can find an empathetic, supportive, religious partner here, making it ideal for nurses. And there’s another reason this is a top-tier dating site for men and women in nursing.
Your workday is busy as a nurse, and it’s hard to devote hours to finding someone to date. Well, you won’t have to worry about scrolling fatigue on Higher Bond since you can only view 3-5 matches a day. And you talk a lot at work, but you can rest here because the site only allows members to start one new conversation every 24 hours.
People from all backgrounds use Higher Bond, but it honestly feels like it was designed with religious healthcare workers in mind. Give it a try by setting up your free account on Higher Bond today.
5. SilverSingles – Best for Nurses in Their 50s and Older
Around 55% of RNs in the United States are aged 50 and over. Some people are worried about what will happen when the older nurses retire, and we are, too. Only instead of worrying about the healthcare workforce, we’re worried about them finding partners before they retire.
From what we’ve heard, dating is pretty challenging for older nurses. They’ve seen and heard just about everything, and they trust their own judgment. That means they won’t settle for just anyone who comes their way. They expect more out of a partner and usually want someone who’s at the same life stage they are.
That makes SilverSingles a great fit for nurses.
Since it’s only open to people 50 and over, older nurses can find someone in their age range. They also don’t have to worry about setting for less since this nurse dating site uses the five-factor model of personality to match members.
SilverSingles is open to nurses and people in other fields, so you can find your ideal match. Check it out by setting up your free account on SilverSingles today.
Why Are These the Best Dating Sites for Nurses?
- Access to Nurses and Others – Some nurses want to stick to healthcare professionals, while others prefer dating people with different careers. We chose nurse dating apps that also include people in different occupations, so you won’t have to decide which way to go up front. Instead, you can connect with nurses and non-nurses and see where the sparks fly.
- Stay Professional – We selected dating sites for nurses that are just as professional as they are. You won’t be embarrassed if a patient sees you on one of these dating apps. Now, we can’t say the same about Tinder…
- Get Straight to the Point – These apps are designed for specific dating styles. That means you can dive right into your relationship of choice without wasting any time on figuring out what your match wants.
- Find Compatible Partners – While eHarmony’s matching algorithm is the gold standard, all the dating sites we selected pair people based on compatibility. Dating compatible partners is the way to go if you want to have a stress-free, happy relationship.
- Maintain Your Privacy – Your privacy is important at work and in your dating life. These sites have privacy controls in place, including preventing non-members from seeing profiles.
Niche Dating Apps for Nurses and Medical Professionals
- ForeverX – This dating app for nurses has an excellent verification system – when it works. It’s set up so only nurses and other healthcare professionals can get in, but ForeverX often crashes during verification. Also, ForeverX is still pretty new, so it doesn’t have many members. And the members it does have aren’t very impressed, explaining why the site has 2.9 stars out of five on the App Store.
- Nurses Dating – This nurse dating site is a big miss. At first, it looks like it has tons of members, but the profiles include people who signed up for other niche dating sites in the network. Many of the members are looking for international relationships, and the matching algorithm is a bust.
- Uniform Dating – This site is open to everyone who wears a uniform, including nurses. The concept is great, but it doesn’t win at the execution. Profiles are basic, the matching algorithm is weak, and the ads slow the site down.
- Medical Passions – We have many of the same complaints about Medical Passions as we do with the other niche sites. The matching algorithm is pretty much non-existent, and members don’t spend much time on their profiles. Oh, and we have another issue – we somehow downloaded a file when signing up. Fortunately, it didn’t destroy our computer, but that alone is enough to recommend skipping Medical Passions.
Nurses and Online Dating – Nursing Demographics
If you want to use one of the dating apps for nurses to meet a healthcare provider, you’re in luck. As one of the most common jobs in the United States, there are thousands upon thousands of nurses out there. And while some are already taken, we’ve noticed that a lot of nurses are on dating sites.
Let’s look at the numbers to show you just how many nurses are living in the country right now. According to the United States Census Bureau’s 2019 American Community Survey, there are:
- 2,389,655 registered nurses
- 26,323 nurse anesthetists
- 4,434 nurse midwives
- 134,141 nurse practitioners
- 585,167 licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses
You can find nurses throughout the United States. However, if you want to have the most choices possible, set the location of your nurse dating app to one of the following states:
- New York
You can also narrow things down by looking in a metro area. The following metro areas employ the largest number of nurses:
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Boston-Cambridge-Nashua, MA-NH
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
Regardless of where you look, you’ll encounter more women than men in nursing. However, the number of male nurses is growing by the year. As of 2018, there were 310,000 men working in the nursing field. That was up from a mere 27,000 in 1977.
Nurses and Online Dating: Should You Stick to Partners in Healthcare?
Nurses are hot commodities in the online dating world, so you can expect to receive lots of matches. Some of those messages will come from singles working in healthcare, while others will be from people in other fields. That begs the question: Should you only date people in healthcare?
Check out some benefits of dating someone in healthcare. Then, we’re going to play devil’s advocate and provide some benefits of dating folks who work in other professions. After you finish reading, you’ll know who to look for when using dating apps for nurses.
Reasons Nurses Should Date Someone in Healthcare
- Healthcare Providers Understand Each Other – Do you ever come home from a hard day and don’t know how to verbalize your feelings? Partners in healthcare understand what that’s like and will help you decompress in the way that works for you instead of trying to fix it.
- Long Hours Aren’t an Issue – Since most healthcare workers work long hours, you won’t have to defend your schedule. Instead, your partner will understand and throw a little sympathy and appreciation your way.
- Go Off the Clock for Real – A partner in healthcare probably won’t ask you to perform nursing duties at home. They know it can get frustrating when every sniffle or cut requires full medical attention. Since they can tend to themselves, you can truly be off the clock at home.
Reasons Nurses Should Date Someone Outside of Healthcare
- Support without Opinions – Most people outside of healthcare aren’t quick to share their opinions on what you should or shouldn’t have done at work. That means if you’re upset about something, you’ll get unwavering support instead of advice.
- Stable Schedule – Your partner will likely have a more stable schedule than you. That stability can be beneficial when planning vacations and planning for a family.
- Respect and Admiration – While healthcare workers respect one another, there’s nothing like the admiration that comes from a non-healthcare worker. That’s one reason so many non-healthcare workers use nurse dating apps to find love. They respect nurses so much that they want to pour their hearts into relationships with them.
Tips for Creating a Dating Profile as a Nurse
A solid profile can help you succeed at online dating. Start by checking out our general dating profile advice. Then, incorporate some nurse-specific tips.
- Keep the Work Details Private – Sure, you can let people know you’re a nurse, but don’t include any identifying details about your workplace. Most people on nurse dating sites are nice and honest, but there are weirdos everywhere. And the last thing you want is for one of those weirdos to show up at your place of employment.
- Be Upfront About Your Schedule – It’s a good idea to include some info about your schedule in your dating profile or as soon as you start chatting with singles. That way, you can weed out the people who will try to pressure you into missing work.
- Be More than Your Career – Your role as a nurse is a big part of your life, but it’s not the only thing you have to offer. Include some info about your hobbies, interests, and personality, so you’ll provide a three-dimension portrait to potential daters.
- But Don’t Be Afraid to Show You’re a Nurse – Lots of single men and women love the idea of dating nurses, so don’t hide your profession. You can even include a pic of you wearing scrubs. However, you should add some other photos as well. Find out how many photos you should add to our dating site profile. Then, include a mix of pictures for the best results.