Long gone are the days where technology was just reserved for the youngsters. Today, seniors across the country (and the world) are using senior dating sites to build new romantic connections with like-minded people in their area.
And if the thought of meeting someone special right from your phone, computer, or tablet sounds exciting—we have all the important information you need. In this guide, we’re going to showcase the best senior dating sites and help get you started the right and safe way!
The 6 Best Senior Dating Sites
|Ranking||Dating App||Claim Trial|
|#2||eHarmony Senior||Try Free|
|#6||Christian Mingle||Try Free|
1. SilverSingles – Best Over 50 Dating Site
The undisputed leader in over 50s dating is none other than SilverSingles. Unlike some of the senior dating sites we’re recommending here, this one requires that all users be at least 50 years old. This means 100% of the singles you meet will be in the same season of life. Add to that the great customer support, dedicated to safety and security, and a premium membership that starts at under $10—and you have a winner.
2. eHarmony – Best Older Dating Site for Commitment
Just because a dating site isn’t 100% geared toward older people doesn’t mean that it still can’t be an incredible option for senior singles. What’s neat about eHarmony is the in-depth matching algorithm takes into account your age, your lifestyle, and what you’re looking for in a partner (including age) to find you great matches. With over 2 million happy couples and counting from the site, eHarmony is an ideal option for senior singles looking for a more committed type relationship.
3. Zoosk – Most Options for a Mature Dating Site
Because Zoosk is so popular across all age brackets, we hear a lot of people asking if Zoosk is a good mature over 50 dating site? And in reality, it absolutely is. With easy-to-set matching parameters, you can turn Zoosk from a traditional dating site into a senior dating site in a matter of seconds. And with over 35 million members and 3 million+ messages sent every week—it’s a phenomenal choice.
4. Senior Match – 100% Senior Focused Option
After our short departure from over 50 only dating sites, we get back to another option with a hard limit on the minimum age. Senior Match is known for being incredibly easy to use with a lot of features designed specifically for seniors who technology is not their forte. The user base is a bit smaller on this site, so if you live in very rural areas, you might be better off with one of the earlier options. But if you live in a normal or big city, Senior Match just may be the right pick for you.
5. Elite Singles – Best for Success-Driven Singles
When it comes to over 50s dating, a website that is sometimes overlooked is Elite Singles. Why? Well, the main marketing efforts of the site tend to be to singles in their 30s and 40s. However, it’s a little-known secret that the size of the over 50 dating crowd on Elite Singles is massive! And what’s even better is that with over 85% of the singles on the site holding an advanced education, you’ll certainly meet some men and women who have done some incredibly cool things in their lives!
6. Christian Mingle – Best for Christian Seniors
If you’re wondering if Christian Mingle is good for seniors, we’re here to tell you that it absolutely is. Here’s why. First, the site is incredibly easy to use making it great for people with little or no technology background. Second, you can easily set your matching preferences to only get singles in the age ranges that you want. And third, if you’re a Christian senior looking for love, this is the current industry leader in helping make that happen.
Table of Contents
Reasons We Chose These Sites
Here are some of the reasons that we picked these as the best senior dating site options available.
- Senior-friendly features – Whether it’s a need for larger font, the ability to support service on an older phone or device, or just a more patient way of explaining how things work, a top senior dating website needs to have these things. If it’s not truly designed to accommodate older people dating, it’s worthless in our book.
- Options for friends, casual, or serious senior dating – Seniors are not all looking for the same thing. Maybe you’re just looking to make new friends? Maybe you’re looking to start dating casually just for some extra fun? Or maybe you’re looking for the love of your life? Whatever the case, over 50 dating sites must accommodate this and make it easy to share what you’re looking for.
- Extra security measures in place – When you’re new to something, you are more vulnerable to potential security issues. For these reasons, it’s super important that senior dating sites go above and beyond to put in extra security measures to keep seniors safer. A lot of this will be things behind the scenes, but our team takes the time to look for them. This will include message encryption, safe banking, ways to report and block users, the removal of fake accounts, customer service actively looking for scammers, and virus protection. It’s a lot, but it’s important.
- Friendly and helpful customer service – Speaking of customer service, we hold dating sites for seniors to a higher standard in that category. Why? Well, most senior singles aren’t as technologically savvy as the youngsters these days. This means you’ll have more questions and may need a little more help taking certain actions. The best apps and sites have the right people in place to help facilitate this smoothly.
- Options for Over 50, 60, 70, and more – In order to earn a spot on the coveted best senior dating site list, an app or site better have a lot of quality singles! And what’s most important is having singles in all age brackets. So, whether you’re freshly over 50, or you’ve been in the senior community for a while, you should and will have options.
- Affordable pricing plans – As many senior singles transition to retirement, budget becomes important. You’ve worked hard your whole life to save and finances may be tight or have you on a fixed income. With this in mind, it’s important that senior dating sites offer affordable premium plans so that seniors can meet and connect without breaking the bank.
Tips to Pick Out the Best Senior Dating Site
It’s very possible this is your first time using a senior dating site or dating online at all! If that’s the case, we want to be the first to welcome you. We also want to make sure you’re set up for success, which means choosing the right senior dating site for you.
To do that, we want to share some of the most important tips to help you make the right selection.
- Take your time – Even though you’re older, you still have all the time in the world. There is no reason to rush the process.
- Know what you’re looking for – Picking out the best senior dating site starts with knowing what you’re looking for. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to get headed down the right road.
- Am I looking for a committed relationship, friends, or casual dating?
- Do I only want to date singles over 50, or am I interested in younger singles too?
- Do I plan on using my dating app on my computer, phone, or tablet?
- Would I prefer to do most of the searching myself or get guidance from the website?
- Expect a learning curve – If technology isn’t your thing, that’s okay. We just recommend that you approach the process of dating online with that in mind. Expect it to take you a little while to figure things out. Don’t get frustrated, and you’ll have a great experience.
- Use free trials – Every great senior dating site comes with some sort of free trial. These trials are limited, but they give you plenty of access to determine if the site is one you may want to upgrade to a premium account on or not.
- Start with only one premium account – When you do find a few older dating sites that fit what you’re looking for, we recommend only upgrading to a premium account on one site. Sure, you may be able to change that to two sites later if you’re comfortable, but it’s best not to overwhelm yourself.
- Understand the advantages of paid vs. free options – Speaking of upgrading to premium, we do want to point out that paid options are far superior to free senior dating sites. When you pay, you get access to great customer support, security, and all the help you need to meet high-quality singles over 50. We’ll dig into this more in a coming section if you have more questions.
- Ask for help if you need it – And speaking of having more questions—when you are unsure about something or it doesn’t feel right, ask for help. You can ask someone in your family or reach out to the customer support teams of the dating app you’re using. They are there for you.
Over 50 Dating Sites
The phrase senior dating site and dating sites for over 50 are basically interchangeable. The age cut-off for most of the sites that fall into this category is 50 years old. For example, if you are 49 years old or younger, you can’t use SilverSingles. However, the second you turn 50, you’re allowed to fully use the service for the rest of your life.
The best over 50 dating sites are going to be eHarmony and Elite Singles. The reason for this is if you just turned 50, you may still be open to dating singles in their mid to late 40s. If you choose a dating site like SilverSingles, you won’t be able to connect with anyone like that because the age cutoff is a hard stop at 50.
Best Over 50 Dating Site Recommendations:
Dating Sites for Seniors Over 60
As you move into your 60s, the issues with wanting to date people in their 40s tend to start to fade away. If they don’t, that’s okay, but for most people they do. For that reason, we recommend dating sites for seniors over 60 that start to limit out the younger crowds.
This does two things. First, it means that 100% of the singles you see are going to be in the age bracket you’re looking for. Second, it means the particular older person dating site is going to be laser-focused on features that are designed for you. They don’t have to make things that work for all age brackets; just for you and other over 60 singles.
Best Over 60 Dating Site Recommendations:
Dating Sites for Seniors Over 70
For senior singles over 70 and into their 80s (or even 90s), you can pretty much toss out the need to be on a dating app that has anyone under the age of 50. At this point, it’s best to go with an option that really caters to the senior crowd with features, members, and customer service.
And just as a side note, if anyone ever tries to tell you that you’re too old for online dating, they’re wrong. Millions of seniors in their 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and even older use online dating every year. If that weren’t the case, we wouldn’t see so many senior dating sites out there 100% for older people.
Best Over 70 Dating Site Recommendations:
Free Dating Sites for Seniors
We fully understand that budget is important to a lot of seniors looking to get into online dating. When money is tight (and even if it isn’t), you want to know that you’re getting the best value for your buck. For this reason, a lot of older people start their search by looking for free dating sites for seniors.
While this sounds great in theory, there are problems. You see, free dating sites for seniors lack a lot of the features, safety, and quality that you get when you pay for a premium site. Think about it this way. If a dating site isn’t charging its users any money to use, then they don’t have money to invest in customer service, updates, new features, security, and everything else that makes the best over 50 dating sites really great.
When you pay for a premium membership, you get all of these amenities at your fingertips. Additionally, you get access to a much larger pool of serious singles who aren’t there to play games.
And the good news is many of the senior dating sites we recommended start as low as $10 per month!
Here’s the bottom line of our view on free dating sites for seniors. While they sound like they would be a great idea, you lose out on too much quality, safety, security, and support by using them. If you need to wait a few months to save up for a membership, that’s okay. You’ll get better results, stay safer, and don’t have to worry about getting burnt out or disappointed.
Is There a Tinder for Seniors?
Technically, yes, there is a dating app called Tinder for Seniors. However, the app looks like it hasn’t been updated in over 40 years which means serious quality and security concerns.
We would highly not older singles avoid using this site for online dating.
This brings up the next question—should you use actual Tinder as a senior? Again, this is one we’re going to advise against. The majority of the singles on the site are going to be far below your age bracket, and you’ll most likely be wasting your time.
But we aren’t all gloom today! What if you want some sort of swiping style feature as a senior single? You’re in luck! A lot of the senior dating sites we’ve recommended actually come with their own built-in swipe-style dating features.
- eHarmony – The What If feature is a swipe-style matching feature included with a membership.
- Christian Mingle – The LookBook feature fulfills this option for senior Christians.
- Zoosk – The Carousel feature operates very much like Tinder with mutual matches, liking, and passing.
If you’re looking for swipe-style dating, give one of these great options a try!
Senior Dating Sites FAQ
What’s the best over 50s dating site?
The best over 50s dating site is either eHarmony or Elite Singles.
What’s the best over 60s dating site?
The best over 60s dating site is SilverSingles.
What’s the best over 70s dating site?
Much like our answer for over 60s singles, the best dating site for over 70s singles is SilverSingles.
What is the most popular senior dating site?
The most popular seniors-only over 50s dating website is SilverSingles. The most popular traditional dating website that caters to seniors is Zoosk.
How do I meet a man after 60?
Meeting a man after 60 can be done in a lot of the same ways you met men earlier in life with a few exceptions. The best places to look are at meetup groups, through friends and family, at church, at community events, or through senior dating sites.
How much do senior dating sites cost to use?
The cost range for a premium membership to a senior dating site ranges from about $9 per month up to about $50 per month. The price will depend on which website you choose, how long of a membership you select, and if they are running any discounts, sales, or specials at the time.
How long does it take to sign up for a senior dating website?
The range of time it takes to sign up for a senior dating website can be from about 5 minutes all the way up to about 45 minutes. This all depends on whether or not the site uses an in-depth matching questionnaire when you join. Those do take longer but they produce better matches and results.
Can I date online if I don’t have a smartphone?
Yes! All of the senior dating sites listed in this guide work from a computer desktop, a tablet, or a smartphone. In fact, you may find it easier to navigate the websites from a desktop with a larger screen, a mouse, and a keyboard.
Does AARP have a dating site?
At one point, AARP did dabble with their own dating site powered by “How About We.” However, this was back about a decade ago. Since then, it looks like AARP has moved on from that idea and the How About We brand has been untouched since. Now, AARP just shares senior dating advice, and leaves the senior dating applications to the specialized companies.
Is SilverSingles better than eHarmony?
Whether or not SilverSingles is better than eHarmony depends on what you are looking for. Both sites are safe, secure, and well respected in the senior dating community.
- If you are looking for an over 50 only dating site, SilverSingles will be better for you.
- If you are looking for all ages, eHarmony will be better for you.
- If you are looking for casual or serious dating (or something in between), SilverSingles will be better for you.
- If you only want a more committed and serious relationship, eHarmony will be better for you.